Social gaming giant Zynga has filed for an initial public stock offering that could put the company’s valuation as high as $20 billion.
Zynga is the company behind hit social games like CityVille and FarmVille. In its S-1 Registration Statement filed with the SEC, the company’s stats include 232 million monthly active users, 2 billion minutes of play per day, and a 2010 revenue of $597 million.
Here is a list of social games from Zynga. Along with a description of each game is the number of the game’s monthly active users on Facebook. The data is from AppData as of July 5, 2011.
- CityVille. CityVille is the most popular app on Facebook with over 87 million monthly active users. In CityVille, players build the city of their dreams, with homes, businesses, famous landmarks and public buildings. Socialize with family and friends by working in community buildings, such as police departments, or by building franchises, such as toy stores. CityVille was the first game launched in multiple languages (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish). Available on Facebook. CityVille Hometown, is available for iPad and iPhone.
- Empires & Allies. Empires & Allies is the second most popular app on Facebook, with over 49 million monthly active users. It was launched in June 2011 — just over one month ago — in 12 languages. Empires & Allies lets players build up their island empires, create virtual armies of tanks, planes and ships, and battle their enemies while defending their allies. Players decide whether to help and trade with each other, or attack each other’s military defenses while pillaging resources. The game also features a single-player story-based campaign with a cast of more than 20 heroes and villains. Empires & Allies is Zynga’s first strategy combat game. Available on Facebook.
- FarmVille. FarmVille is the third most popular app on Facebook with over 38 million monthly active users. The Chinese language version for Facebook has another 1.4 million monthly active users. FarmVille lets players cultivate their farms by plowing, planting and harvesting crops and trees. Players also care for their farm animals: milking their cows and collecting eggs from their chickens. Social aspects of the game include in-game gifting to friends, cooperative crafting jobs and trading goods in the farmer’s market. In May 2011, Zynga partnered with Lady Gaga by creating GagaVille, a Lady Gaga-inspired farm where players visit and listen to songs from her album Born This Way. Available on Facebook, MSN, and Farmville.com. Mobile app available on iPad, iPhone.
- Zynga Poker. Zynga Poker’s Texas Hold ’Em is the fourth most popular app on Facebook with over 35 million monthly active users. Players can play at any table, meet new people from around the world or join friends for a game. Choose from casual Hold ‘Em tables, tournament play or VIP tables. A leader board shows players how they compare in chip ranking to their friends. Players interact with other players by chatting, completing challenges and sending and receiving gifts, including poker chips. Poker was Zynga’s first social game. Available on Facebook, MySpace, and Yahoo! Mobile version available on Android and iPhone.
- FrontierVille. FrontierVille lets players tame the wilderness and explore the wild west. Players begin with a covered wagon and a plot of land to establish and grow a homestead with friends and family. FrontierVille was Zynga’s first social game with the ability to control multiple avatars on a single screen, raise a virtual family and interact with other players’ game boards. FrontierVille has over 13 million monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- Café World. Café World is a game where you build and manage your very own restaurant. Be the head chef and discover new dishes to cook and serve, expand your restaurant and employ your friends, or visit neighbors to try out their latest creations and trade gifts to help each other succeed. Café World has over 11 million monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- Mafia Wars Mafia Wars allows players to build their virtual criminal empires by collaborating with their friends to complete crime jobs, fight and rob other Mafia crews, run underground businesses and purchase criminal must-haves like weapons and getaway cars. Set in New York City at launch, the game has added a number of locales for players to expand their criminal empires: Cuba in June 2009, Moscow in September 2009, Bangkok in January 2010, Las Vegas in June 2010, Italy in October 2010 and Brazil in March 2011. Mafia Wars is available in eight languages. Mafia Wars has over 7 million monthly active users on Facebook. Available on Facebook, MySpace. Mobile apps available on iPhone. Android.
- Treasure Isle. Treasure Isle is a game of adventure, where you hunt for buried treasure. Earn points as you find treasure from lost civilizations and travel to exotic locations all around the world. After a hard day’s work, head back to your own private island to relax, collect gems and gold, grow fruit in your garden, visit friends, and decorate to your heart’s content. Treasure Island has nearly 7 million monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- YoVille. Create the coolest virtual world and explore with your friends. Decorate the perfect home. Work your way to the top in the factory. Meet and make everlasting friends. YoViille has over 5 million monthly active users on Facebook. Available on Facebook, MySpace.
- PetVille. Find a cute pet to adopt, then take it home and build a dream life together. Raise your pet, dress it in style, and play with your friends’ pets. PetVille has over 4 million monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- FishVille. Create a nautical wonderland with exotic fish and rare sea plants. FishVille has over 2.5 million monthly active users on Facebook. Available on Facebook, Yahoo!
- Vampire Wars. Build an immortal empire with blood, stamina, and rage to fight other clans. Vampire Wars has over 1 million monthly active users on Facebook. Available on Facebook, MySpace, iPhone.
- Scramble. Challenge friends in a live match to find hidden words on a jumbled grid. Scramble is a fun word-finding game that challenges you to match wits in a live game or invite friends to a head-to-head turn-based game. Scramble has more than 260,000 monthly active users on Facebook. Available on Facebook. Mobile app available on iPhone.
- Warstorm. Warstorm is a fantasy strategy game for Facebook. Collect knights, elves, dragons and more to build out your armies. Fight against the game, friends, and the world. Warstorm has over 207,000 monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- PathWords. Spell as many words as you can on a beehive grid to become the best word spotter among your friends. PathWords has over 125,000 monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- Word Twist. Compete with friends in this brainteaser to make words with scrambled letters. Word Twist has over 108,000 monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- Blackjack. Chat with high rollers and friends in this classic game in real-time. Blackjack has over 90,000 monthly active users. Available on Facebook.
- Words With Friends. Words with Friends is a leading social mobile game challenging players to create the highest-scoring words while playing against family and friends. Players can be engaged in up to 20 games at once and are able to chat with each other in game. Available on Android, iPad, iPhone.