Bing Shopping is Finally Here!
Formerly known as Bing Cashback, Microsoft has launched its long-awaited Bing Shopping. Bing Shopping is a new, free version of the comparison shopping channel, geared to compete directly with Google's Product Search engine.
For best results on Bing Shopping, as with any shopping engine, online retailers should submit only quality datafeeds that are optimized for maximum searchability, including:
- Clear, descriptive titles and descriptions
- Categorizing products according to Bing Shopping's Category taxonomy
- Mapping all relevant attributes
- Quality, high-resolution images
- Complete pricing information
We know many merchants have been anxious to get their Bing Shopping feeds up and running, especially small-to-medium sized retailers who are attracted to Bing's free CSE model. With very few free engine options out there- I hope Bing Shopping is able to deliver clicks comparable to Google Product Search, and level the playing field.
This should be an exciting feed option for merchants, especially with the zero dollar cost attached to it. It will be good to have a large competitor to Google Product Search.
I noticed you also have a webinar next week with a rep. from Bing Shopping. I'm looking forward to it to see how our merchants can take advantage of this new service from Microsoft.
Susan Newton says:
Hurray!!! I love BING! Of course, with a name like BadaBadaBingo, why wouldn't I?
Susan Newton Founder, BadaBadaBingo Fun Games Co!
Great tips for submitting feeds! High quality photos for EVERY product is a must. There's also great post on how Bing Shopping's different from the old Bing and the activation process for merchants here: http://www.solidcactus.com/bing-rolls-out-new-shopping-engine/
Hi Lin, This is a great piece of info, actually I have started using Bing Shopping but to be frank it’s a little confusing for me. I have some questions hope some geek here can guide me…
1) How many products can we submit in Bing Shopping?
2) How many different files can we submit?
3) How can I check if my feed is approved? If it is approved how many products are live?
4) Do they offer something like Google merchant?.....Thanks in advance