IP Intelligence solutions and geolocation technology
Pressed for time, many shoppers turn to the Internet to quickly and conveniently find the information and products they are looking for – whether to buy on the spot or to make an informed decision when shopping offline. Accordingly, site usability plays a huge role in attracting and retaining the attention of online buyers. Retailers that can’t create an instant connection with shoppers will more than likely be left holding the bag as customers and prospects take their business elsewhere.
Digital Element’s IP Intelligence and geolocation technology will empower your organization to bring crucial offline decision-making factors to the world of online commerce. By identifying information about online visitors and shoppers such as where they are located, your company will be able to serve relevant merchandise, content and promotions – in real-time. In today’s crowded retail space, making a good first impression – one that shows you are working to make life easier for your online audience – can go a long way in decreasing shopping cart abandonment and increasing repeat site visitors.
When you think about the role of location in the offline world and the way it affects products, pricing, promotion and distribution, doesn’t it make sense to present online shoppers with merchandise and information that is relevant to where they live? For example, for seasonal items, they may actually have a longer shelf life in certain regions, so why not keep cold weather gear on your virtual shelves for visitors from the north or highlight bikinis during the month of December for visitors from Miami? Additionally, for international retailers, why not show the rest of the world that your site caters to a global audience by automatically redirecting users to a county-specific website or presenting pricing in native currency? You can also proactively drive offline sales by highlighting the nearest retail locations or presenting coupons for in-store use based on a shopper’s geographic location.
Benefits of Using IP Intelligence for the Online Retail and E-Commerce Industry:
- Decrease website abandonment and increase time spent on your site by providing relevant, geo-targeted merchandise and messages
- Deliver convenience by automatically showing the nearest retail location to the visitor instead of requiring them to enter their country or zip code to “find a store”.
- Increase offline revenue by targeting location-relevant promotions to drive online visitors to make purchases offline.
- Boost in-store purchases by showing shoppers where the items are available based on their location.
- Cater to global audiences by instantly routing visitors to the country-specific version of the website
- Build community-based loyalty programs by creating regionally-based buyer groups, message boards and event calendars
250 Scientific Drive; Ste. 800
Norcross, GA 30092