Tuesday, February 21, 2017
2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Free through Feb. 21
Armando Roggio, Contributing Editor, Practical Ecommerce
ShipHawk, a leading shipping automation platform.
In an era of free or near-free shipping, ecommerce merchants must carefully choose shipping carriers. UPS could be less expensive and faster for certain items, but FedEx or USPS could be better for others. Freight carriers can help some merchants, while others could use last-mile hybrid services. How can a merchant decide?
In this 1-hour “Essential Skills” online seminar, we’ll provide a rundown of the various shipping options for domestic U.S. merchants. We’ll offer a framework to help merchants select carriers that best fit their business and meet the increasingly rigorous expectations of modern online consumers.
How to Select Shipping Carriers
Attendees can download two PDFs: a checklist of key components for choosing carriers and a decision-tree graphic to assist in matching shipments with carriers.
We’ll address the following points in the presentation.
- Start with business goals. After the cost of goods sold, shipping can be the second most expensive area of operation for ecommerce. Understanding how shipping fits into your business and which goal it serves is paramount. Will you offer free shipping? Is shipping a competitive advantage? We’ll discuss.
- Know shipping options. From parcel and last-mile services to LTL freight and white glove delivery, online retailers may have more shipping options than they realized, especially if they sell relatively large or heavy products. We’ll provide a complete rundown of shipping options for ecommerce merchants.
- Understand shipping needs. How must your products be shipped? Where do you typically ship them? What’s your average order value? The answers to these questions and more should impact your carrier choose.
- Develop a carrier strategy. Is your aim to get the lowest rate or fastest delivery on each order, or are you building clout with a particular carrier to lower rates in the future? We’ll address strategies for engaging carriers.
- Automate carrier choice. Your business will need systems — automatic or manual — that help to choose the proper carrier each time. We’ll review software options and cite examples from other merchants.
About ‘Essential Skills’ Seminars
Practical Ecommerce’s new “Essential Skills” 1-hour online seminars address universal topics that merchants — novice and expert — need to know. Attendance is free for registrants of the live event. Afterwards, new registrants will pay $20 to view the archived recording.
Following his presentation, Roggio will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Armando Roggio is (a) contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce, (b) an independent ecommerce merchant, and (c) a seasoned web developer. He has written hundreds of articles at Practical Ecommerce, covering virtually all facets of running a successful online store. He holds a B.A. in English Writing and Journalism from The University of Pittsburgh.
About the Sponsor
ShipHawk is a leading shipping automation platform that helps ecommerce merchants scale their business. ShipHawk was founded in 2012 with the goal of providing retailers, large and small, B2B and B2C, across all product types, access to the shipping tools they need to compete in an increasingly complex world. ShipHawk reduces costs, improves conversions rates, and puts the retailer back in control of its margins.