Tuesday, August 22, 2017
2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Armando Roggio, Senior Contributing Editor
TouchCR, an integrated ecommerce marketing platform.
Amazon’s strength in ecommerce worries many retailers. But thousands of ecommerce companies thrive without relying on Amazon or even selling on its marketplace.
In this 30-minute online seminar, we’ll review strategies from successful retailers, those who rely on their own ecommerce sites for success. We’ll address the keys to driving and converting visitors, and then retain them, despite Amazon.
How to Thrive in Ecommerce — without Amazon
We’ll address the following critical points.
- Email list building and marketing. Some of the best performing mid-market ecommerce or omnichannel retailers depend on email. A good, well-managed list can drive sales and profit. We’ll make suggestions for how to implement or improve your email strategy.
- Customer retention. Repeat customers send more over the entire relationship with a business, but they also tend to spend more each time they purchase. It is much less expensive to make a new sale to a loyal customer than it is to advertise and find a new one. We offer strategies to get more from existing customers.
- Content development. Content marketing is marketing. Content will help your ecommerce business develop an audience and then sell repeatedly to it. We’ll discuss how to build an audience of customers for your business.
- Business model. Large enterprise retailers, such as Amazon, have many competitive advantages. For smaller companies, a key is to find a business model and a product that doesn’t directly compete. We’ll explain, with examples.
- Operation excellence. All of the best marketing and customer analysis cannot make up for poor service or poor management. We’ll review how to identify opportunities for operational excellence.
Following his presentation, Roggio will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Armando Roggio is (a) contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce, (b) an independent ecommerce merchant, and (c) a seasoned web developer. He has written hundreds of articles at Practical Ecommerce, covering virtually all facets of running a successful online store. He holds a B.A. in English Writing and Journalism from The University of Pittsburgh.
About the Sponsor
TouchCR is an ecommerce marketing platform developed by marketers for marketers. Through deep Salesforce integrations, TouchCR delivers a secure, scalable solution to identify, segment, and score consumers in real time. Using data from fragmented sources, TouchCR enables marketers to deliver a personalized experience to customers and prospects.