Multichannel Selling: Getting Started
DATE: January 22, 2013
LENGTH: 1/2 Hour
"Multichannel Selling: Getting Started" is a free, 30-minute webinar. The presenters are Armando Roggio and Dale Traxler, contributing editors for Practical eCommerce. The sponsor is ChannelAdvisor, a leading cloud-based platform that enables ecommerce merchants to sell across many online channels.
The live webinar was held Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific / 2:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time.
Multichannel Pros and Cons
The popularity of marketplaces (such as Amazon, eBay, Newegg) and comparison shopping engines (such as Google Shopping, Nextag, Bing Shopping) is growing. But how should an ecommerce merchant get started with selling products on those channels? And what are the common mistakes merchants make in the process? In this 30-minute webinar, we'll address the pros and cons of selling products on third-party channels.
Multichannel Selling: Key Points
We'll address the following key points.
- Major players. What are the leading marketplaces and CSEs? We'll identify the leading companies.
- Sales potential. The traffic to marketplaces and CSEs is huge. We'll address how merchants can greatly increase sales by tapping into that traffic.
- Back office issues. Without an automated, scalable back office, attempting to sell products on multiple channels can be a disaster. We'll explain.
- Profits, fees. Selling on additional channels will reduce a merchant's profit margin — versus selling on its own website. We'll address sales volume, profit margins, and the fees merchants can expect to pay to the third party channels.
- Successes. Many merchants have found success by selling on marketplaces and CSEs. We'll cite examples.
- Common mistakes. Merchants make many of the same mistakes when first getting started with multichannel selling. We'll address those mistakes, offering ideas to avoid them.
Q&A Follows Presentation
Following presentation, Roggio and Traxler will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenters
written hundreds of articles at Practical eCommerce, covering virtually all facets of running a successful online store. He holds a B.A. in English Writing and Journalism from The University of Pittsburgh.Armando Roggio is (a) a contributing editor for Practical eCommerce, (b) an independent ecommerce merchant, and (c) a seasoned web developer. He has
Dale Traxler is a contributing editor for Practical eCommerce. He's a pioneering ecommerce owner and operator, having purchased, grown, and then sold Beaded Impressions — a family of jewelry sites — over a ten-year period. He is now president of E-Business Vision, a consulting firm advising ecommerce merchants on strategy and operational issues.
About the Sponsor
ChannelAdvisor is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to integrate, manage and optimize their merchandise sales across hundreds of online channels including Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, and more.