Archived: Using Alternative Payment Methods for Ecommerce Sales
“Using Alternative Payment Methods for Ecommerce Sales” is a free, 60-minute webinar. The presenters are Armando Roggio, contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce, and Bob Angus, partner marketing manager for PayPal. The sponsor — in collaboration with PayPal — is PrestaShop, a leading open-source ecommerce platform.
The live webinar was held on August 27, 2013. A recording of it is below.
Payments Industry Is Changing
The online payments industry is changing. The rise of mobile commerce, non-bank payment options, and PCI compliance burdens is spurring many merchants to consider additional payment options for their shoppers. But little attention has been given to the conversion impact of those options. Do they actually help shoppers, and therefore increase sales? Or, do they create confusion for shoppers and cause additional administrative headaches for merchants?
In this 60-minute webinar, we’ll explain the current state of online payments, the continued rise of non-bank payment options, and how all of them affect ecommerce sales.
Alternative Payments: Key Points
We’ll address the following key points.
- What is an alternative payment? We’ll address what, exactly, are the alternatives to traditional online credit card payments.
- Alternative payment options. Consumers have many non-credit-card choices for paying for products online. We’ll review the options.
- Appeal to shoppers. Many online shoppers actually prefer alternative payments for online purchases. We’ll explain.
- Effect on conversions. We’ll analyze alternative payments’ effect on abandonment rates and conversions, and review how alternative methods can affect your ecommerce business.
- Importance of mobile. The rise of mobile shopping makes offering alternative payment options crucial. We’ll discuss.
- Implementation. The process of installing alternative payment choices into your shopping cart does not have to be difficult. We’ll provide a tutorial.
Following their presentations, Roggio and Angus will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenters
Armando Roggio is (a) a contributing editor for Practical eCommerce, (b) an independent ecommerce merchant, and (c) a seasoned web developer. He has written hundreds of articles at Practical eCommerce, covering virtually all facets of running a successful online store. He holdsa B.A. in English Writing and Journalism from The University of Pittsburgh.
Bob Angus is partner marketing manager at PayPal. He’s responsible for driving merchant success through the PayPal Partner Program. A 20-year veteran of promoting Internet and software products, he is an ecommerce evangelist who is passionate about innovative technology, effective marketing, and creating an experience that makes customers smile.
About the Sponsor
PrestaShop is a reliable and flexible open-source ecommerce software platform. Since 2007, PrestaShop has revolutionized the industry by providing features that engage shoppers and increase online sales. The PrestaShop team consists of over 70 passionate individuals and more than 500,000 community members dedicated to innovated technology.