“How to Design High-converting Product Pages” is a free, 30-minute webinar. The presenter is Pamela Hazelton, contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. The sponsor is Bigcommerce, a leading hosted ecommerce platform for businesses small and large.
The webinar occurred on Nov. 3, 2015.
Product Pages Key to Conversions
Ecommerce product pages largely determine whether shoppers will purchase goods online, or not. Critical elements — images, reviews, prices, size — vary among products and among merchants.
In this 30-minute webinar, we’ll offer a checklist of common product page components. We’ll review how to design product pages that fit your products, to maximize sales.
How to Design High-converting Product Pages
We’ll cover the following key points.
- Importance of images. A product’s main image can drive sales, or increase bounce rates. We’ll explain, with examples.
- Communicate pricing. How a merchant displays sale and discount pricing dramatically affects conversions. We’ll review good and bad ways to show prices.
- Sharing vs. buying. There are compelling ways to balance calls for social sharing versus calls for actually buying. We’ll elaborate.
- Critical elements. Certain elements on a product page encourage “add to cart” clicks more than others — and it’s not the product description. We’ll review.
- Originality and focus. Copying what big companies do on ecommerce product pages can actually hurt conversions for smaller companies. We’ll explain, with examples.
- Leverage existing customers. Existing customers can help drive sales to new visitors. We’ll review.
Following her presentation, Hazelton will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Pamela Hazelton is a longtime contributing editor to Practical Ecommerce. She is an ecommerce consultant and trainer, and the author of books on ecommerce platforms, shopability, and security. She speaks at ecommerce conferences regularly.
About the Sponsor
Bigcommerce is a robust ecommerce platform that provides everything you need to launch, manage and scale a successful online store. Leading brands like Enfamil, Cetaphil, Gibson and Ubisoft use Bigcommerce for its enterprise-grade analytics, order processing, responsive themes, mobile commerce, and advanced marketing tools.