“How to Drive Sales from Multi-device Shoppers” is a free, 30-minute webinar. The presenter is Pamela Hazelton, contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. The sponsor is BigCommerce, a leading hosted ecommerce platform for businesses small and large.
This live webinar occurred on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016.
Multiple Devices for One Transaction
Consumers who purchase from ecommerce sites often use multiple devices during the shopping process. They may review prices on their smartphones, read detailed product descriptions on their tablets, and ultimately buy on their desktop computers.
In this 30-minute webinar, we’ll address conversion strategies for engaging shoppers across multiple devices, to ensure your ecommerce visitors have a consistent experience, regardless of device, that ultimately leads to sales.
How to Drive Sales from Multi-device Shoppers
We’ll address the following key points.
- Adjust to extended shopping periods. Consumers who shop on multiple devices typically have longer conversion timeframes. We’ll explain why this is, and how merchants should adjust, to capture sales.
- Identify most popular devices. Merchants should determine which devices convert better for their specific business. We’ll explain how to do this using analytics, to see which devices close the most sales, and how to use that information to tailor the site to suit the audience.
- Track cross-device conversions. How shoppers ultimately convert is key in determining which device features are most important, such as checkout options, discount features, and payment types. We’ll review.
- Responsive design critical. Shoppers should never become confused when switching to another device. Whether using a shopping app or a mobile site, we’ll address the key factors in design and functionality.
- Emphasize customer accounts. Because of the desired features, customer accounts are now a multi-device shopper’s best friend, potentially. The way merchants implement this optional feature can make or break sales. We’ll explain.
- Cart abandonment strategies are different. Leveraging multi-device shopping to decrease cart abandonment and increase brand recognition is critical. It goes beyond timely conversions. The vast use of multiple devices by single shoppers can help merchants convert more. We’ll discuss, with examples from leading merchants.
Following her presentation, Hazelton will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Pamela Hazelton is a longtime contributing editor to Practical Ecommerce. She is an ecommerce consultant and trainer, and the author of books on ecommerce platforms, shopability, and security. She speaks at ecommerce conferences regularly.
About the Sponsor
BigCommerce is a robust ecommerce platform that provides everything to launch, manage, and scale a successful online store. Leading brands like Enfamil, Cetaphil, Gibson, and Ubisoft use BigCommerce for its enterprise-grade analytics, order processing, responsive themes, mobile commerce, and advanced marketing tools.