“How to Encourage Repeat Customers, for Repeat Sales” is a free, 30-minute webinar. The presenter is Kunle Campbell, contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. The sponsor is Norton Shopping Guarantee, a merchant certification program that provides guaranteed shopping for consumers.
The webinar occurred on Nov. 17, 2015.
Returning Customers Spend More
The cost of acquiring new ecommerce customers is typically very high. Merchants that retain those new customers for repeat sales can materially increase profits as returning customers typically spend more than new ones, and there’s no additional costs to acquire them.
In this 30-minute webinar, we’ll review the dramatic difference in profitability between new and repeat buyers. We’ll address critical, proven strategies to encourage repeat buyers, to grow repeat sales.
How to Encourage Repeat Customers, for Repeat Sales
We’ll address the following key points.
- Why retention marketing? We’ll review raw data on the benefits of retention marketing — and when to start.
- Do your products qualify? Not all retail business are geared for retention. We’ll explain how to determine if the products you sell qualify for repeat purchases. We’ll offer an alternative focus to profitably grow your store if your products do not qualify.
- Emphasize customer happiness. The primary way to attract returning customers is to make their first shopping experience memorable and friction-free. We’ll discuss key factors for measuring customer satisfaction.
- Importance of email messaging for retention. Sending targeted emails to existing customers is key to retaining them. We’ll explain, and offer examples.
- Content marketing key. Developing a content marketing strategy to keep your company top of mind amongst your customers can increase retention. We’ll review.
- Loyalty reward programs helpful. Loyalty programs are among the most effective retention tools for ecommerce merchants. We’ll provide compelling examples.
- Measurement is critical. Key retention metrics include purchase frequency, repeat customer rate, and customer lifetime value. We’ll explain.
Following his presentation, Campbell will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Kunle Campbell, a Practical Ecommerce contributing editor, is an ecommerce growth consultant and business advisor that helps online retailers drive growth and profitability through customer acquisition, conversion optimization, and retention. He is the principal at 2X eCommerce, an ecommerce marketing consultancy.
About the Sponsor
Norton Shopping Guarantee is a revenue-generating marketing program that increases consumer confidence through a trusted third-party endorsement on a merchant’s website. Shoppers know they’re dealing with a retailer they can trust — both during and after their purchases — so they’re likely to become loyal buyers, getting what they’ve paid for at a good price. Norton Shopping Guarantee has proven to deliver higher conversion rates (7 percent), additional repeat purchases (5 percent), and increased customer satisfaction.