“How to Track ROI from Social Media, in 2016” is a free, 30-minute webinar. The presenter is Michael Stancil, contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. The sponsor is Curalate, a leading visual commerce platform
The webinar occurred on Tuesday, March 22, 2016.
Difficult to Attribute Sales from Social Media
Attributing ecommerce sales to comments, posts, or photos on social media sites has long been difficult. But it can be done. In this 30-minute webinar, we’ll review social media attribution models that determine where your customers, ultimately, came from — to help track your return on investment from those channels. Knowing this will help to focus on the best social channels and strategies for your ecommerce business, to grow sales.
How to Track ROI from Social Media, in 2016
We’ll address the following key points.
- Which attribution model works best? Last click, first-click — which model do you choose? All attribution models aren’t the same. Depending on your business, one model might be better for you than another. We’ll review a common scenarios, and the attribution models that work best for them.
- When to change your model? When it comes to attribution, what works this year might not have worked last year. This means your model will likely change. But when is the right time to change? Perhaps it’s a new product offering, or how your site handles registered users. We’ll explain why and when to change your attribution model.
- Planning for the future, and growth. We all want to grow our business. But how does that affect the attribution model? Existing marketing channels may take a bigger or smaller role as your business grows. You may add new channels to the marketing mix. We’ll address how to plan ahead, no matter the change to your marketing mix, to properly attribute sales.
- How to track correctly. After you set up your attribution model, how do you know if it’s working correctly? Is all the correct tracking in place? Is everything tagged correctly? Plus, how do you plan for new channels that will come into play in the future? We’ll address.
- Common attribution questions and concerns. “Do I count direct traffic?” “How much should I truly attribute to a channel?” We’ll review the common attribution questions (and answers) so you’ll feel more confident in your attribution decisions.
- Using the right platform. You don’t have to spend a ton of money on a custom solution. There are plenty of free options — especially Google Analytics. We’ll identify how to make the most out of the attribution platform you choose.
Following his presentation, Stancil will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Michael Stancil is a contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. He is also online marketing director at Tailor Brands, a startup changing small business branding. Michael was one of the most recognizable men on Pinterest, with over 1.8 million followers. Huffington Post ranked him as one of the top menswear pinners. Michael is a graduate of University of Central Missouri.
About the Sponsor
Curalate is a leading visual commerce platform, connecting pictures, people, and products. Curalate helps nearly 800 brands tell their stories through imagery — to drive engagement, build awareness, and form stronger, more meaningful relationships with consumers.