Email remains one of the most effective marketing tools for ecommerce merchants. But attracting new subscribers in 2019 can seem daunting, with an ever-increasing number of competitive newsletters and email offers. It can be done, however.
In this 30-minute online seminar, which first aired on January 8, 2019, we’ll review 10 innovative ways to grow an ecommerce email list, to help merchants accelerate revenue in 2019.
10 Ways to Grow an Email List in 2019
Our presentation will include the following key points.
- Popups for signups. We’ll review good and bad ways to use popups for email signups. We’ll address mobile popups as well as tips for deploying popups on desktop browsers.
- Mining the database. Especially for mature email programs, an existing email database typically contains old, unused, and outdated addresses. We’ll explain the best way to update addresses, to revive those (dormant) subscribers.
- Tactics from top brands. Large ecommerce companies can have highly sophisticated email programs that lead the industry in opens, clicks, and conversions. We’ll cite leading examples, for inspiration.
- Attracting mobile subscribers. Enticing mobile users to subscribe to an email list requires different tactics than for desktop users. We’ll review innovative ways to appeal to consumers on mobile devices, with examples from successful merchants
- Overlooked ideas. Co-registration programs can generate new subscribers, as can contests and surveys. We’ll review the latest in often-overlooked (but effective) subscription promotions.
Following our presentation, we’ll answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Carolyn Nye is a longtime contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. She is sales support manager, product strategy, for Acxiom, a provider of consulting, data, and technology solutions. She has developed many successful email marketing campaigns — including triggered and transactional emails — that engaged subscribers and drove sales. She is a speaker and contributor at industry conferences.
About the Sponsor
Bronto Software arms high-growth retailers with sophisticated marketing automation to maximize revenue opportunities. The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized, multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley HomeStore, and Christopher & Banks.