Consumers in 2017 receive many emails, on multiple devices, every day. Emails from ecommerce merchants must therefore compete for recipients’ attention in a noisy, congested environment. In spite of this, many innovative merchants maintain (and even increase) open and clicks from their email marketing efforts.
In this live, online seminar, we’ll offer little-known strategies for ecommerce emails to remain fresh, relevant, and enticing to recipients in 2017. We’ll cite examples of longtime email marketers who consistently achieve stellar performance, and how.
The online seminar occurred on August 8, 2017.
How to Drive Opens and Clicks in 2017
We’ll address the following key points.
- Pre-headers. Especially for mobile devices, pre-headers are a powerful way to grab the attention of recipients and drive higher open rates. We’ll explain, with examples.
- Cutting-edge subject lines. Innovative merchants experiment with word choice, length, and even emojis to entice readers. We’ll explore examples of new and unique subject lines — and dos and don’ts for 2017.
- Compelling creative. The rise of mobile devices has led to lower overall email clicks. But merchants can combat the decline with creative design “tricks.” We’ll discuss, with actual samples.
- Timing and seasonality. Merchants can use the time of day and even seasonality to stand out from competitors, to increase opens. We’ll review.
- Personalization. It’s never been easier — or more important — to personalize ecommerce emails to a specific recipient. Browse history, purchase history, geo location: All offer opportunities to send highly relevant offers, and thereby increase opens and clicks. We’ll explain the latest in email personalization, with samples from leading merchants.
Following her presentation, Nye will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Carolyn Nye is a contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce. She is Director, Digital Interactive Group for Acxiom, a provider of consulting, data, and technology solutions. She has developed a wide variety of successful email marketing campaigns — including triggered and transactional emails — that engaged subscribers and drove sales. She is a speaker and contributor at industry conferences.
About the Sponsor
Bronto Software provides a cloud-based commerce marketing automation platform to mid-market and enterprise organizations worldwide. Bronto is a leading email marketing provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, with a client roster of leading brands worldwide, including Armani Exchange, Timex, Samsonite, Theory, and Vince Camuto.