Tuesday, November 20, 2018
2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Pamela Hazelton, Ecommerce Consultant, Author, and Trainer
Bronto Software, a leading marketing automation platform.
The holiday shopping season generates critical revenue for many ecommerce merchants. But most consumers purchase only once during the holidays and never return. It doesn’t have to be that way. In this 30-minute online seminar, we’ll review critical tactics to entice holiday shoppers to return, becoming long-term, high-profit customers.
Convert Holiday Shoppers into Long-term Customers
Our presentation will include the following key points.
- Implement loyalty programs. Rewarding customer loyalty without breaking the bank is crucial to growing repeat customers. We’ll review leading loyalty programs and offer our thoughts on which drive the most repeat customers.
- Emphasize painless shopping. Making the entire shopping experience enjoyable, quick, and easy will help holiday shoppers remember your site. We’ll offer dos and don’ts to streamline the buying process, and we’ll review common mistakes, even from the largest companies, that frustrate shoppers.
- Ensure fast and easy customer service. Offering multiple communication channels — live chat, social media, email, telephone — and then responding quickly to all inquiries is key to shopper satisfaction. We’ll discuss affordable customer service tips, with examples from leading merchants. We’ll also discuss tactics to turn bad experiences into positive ones.
- Insist on trust and transparency. Loyal shoppers prefer honesty, even if it means paying more. But merchants often inadvertently utilize merchandising and communication methods that discourage trust and drive shoppers away. We’ll review common trust-building tactics — and common mistakes.
- Post-holiday follow up. When the dust settles, how and when you follow up with holiday customers will greatly influence whether they buy again. We’ll offer follow-up tactics for discounts, personalization, and frequency.
Following the presentation, we’ll answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Pamela Hazelton is a longtime contributing editor to Practical Ecommerce. She is an ecommerce consultant and trainer, and the author of books on ecommerce platforms, shopability, and security. She speaks at ecommerce conferences regularly.
About the Sponsor
Bronto Software arms high-growth retailers with sophisticated marketing automation to maximize revenue opportunities. The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized, multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley HomeStore, and Christopher & Banks.