Tuesday, October 23, 2018
2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Hamlet Batista, Contributor to Practical Ecommerce,
CEO of RankSense
BigCommerce, the global ecommerce platform.
Obtaining sustainable, long-term organic search traffic takes much time and effort. It’s definitely not free. But is it worth the investment in people and software?
In this 30-minute online seminar, we’ll offer a framework for forecasting organic search traffic and then measuring the return on investment from increasing it.
How to Forecast ROI from SEO
We’ll address the following key points.
- How to forecast? We’ll describe a methodology for estimating improved organic traffic, versus the traditional approach of predicting ranking shifts. We’ll address the pros and cons of each and we’ll cite examples, good and bad.
- How to prioritize? Focusing on the easiest, less-labor-intensive SEO tactics will produce the strongest ROI. We’ll explain how to choose SEO priorities for your ecommerce business.
- How to budget? Setting SEO budgets, defining timelines, and creating realistic expectations can be confusing. We’ll review a structured approach, to simplify.
- How to monitor performance? Measuring the performance of any SEO campaign is critical. We’ll describe where to pull key metrics and the broad SEO tactics that impact each. We’ll share a Google Sheet and a Data Studio report to help manage it all.
- Additional resources. Finally, we’ll provide links to resources to learn more.
Following his presentation, the presenter will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Hamlet Batista, a Practical Ecommerce contributor, is CEO and founder of RankSense Inc., an SEO revenue reclamation platform for retailers. He is the inventor and U.S. patent holder of “SEO Suite” and its components. He is also technical review editor of “The Art of SEO” and “Search Marketing Inc.,” both leading SEO instructional books.
About the Sponsor
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80 percent less cost, time, and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Paul Mitchell, Sony, and Toyota.