Shoppers have come to expect free two-day shipping from ecommerce merchants. But, increasingly, consumers in urban areas demand same-day or next-day shipping. In this 30-minute seminar, which first aired on July 31, 2018, we’ll review the options for merchants to deliver products on the same day or the next day.
Strategies for Affordable Next-day Shipping
We’ll address the following key points.
- Consumer demand. We’ll review consumer trends that are driving next-day or same-day delivery in some markets. We’ll cite delivery statistics, and we’ll project ecommerce delivery requirements in the foreseeable future.
- Pricing next-day shipping. Next-day shipping does not have to be free. We’ll analyze how leading ecommerce businesses are utilizing (and pricing) next-day and same-day delivery, with often surprising results.
- Click-and-collect. For some merchants, the best rapid delivery strategy may be to let shoppers simply pick up their items. We’ll explain distributed click-and-collect tactics, with examples from other merchants.
- Local delivery options. Many regions have third-party rapid delivery services that can offer same and next day services. We’ll discuss these companies, including the cost to merchants.
- Distributed warehouses. Strategically placed warehouses and fulfillment services make it possible to offer next day delivery without next day costs. We’ll explain how to manage distributed warehouses and how to know if your company is a candidate.
Following his presentation, Roggio will answer questions from attendees.
About the Presenter
Armando Roggio is (a) contributing editor for Practical Ecommerce, (b) an independent ecommerce merchant, and (c) a seasoned web developer. He has written hundreds of articles at Practical Ecommerce, covering virtually all facets of running a successful online store. He holds a B.A. in English Writing and Journalism from The University of Pittsburgh.
About the Sponsor
FedEx Supply Chain provides solutions to scale with your business, whether it’s established or rapidly growing. FedEx Fulfillment is a complete turnkey solution to help ecommerce entrepreneurs manage their warehousing, order fulfillment, transportation, and returns. FedEx Fulfillment’s trusted combination of integrated logistics and shipping expertise helps businesses now and in the future.