Startups and seasoned merchants alike can run into hiccups with managing customer service. Is it better to do it in-house or to outsource? Should you hire someone from the start?
This is episode eight in my series on building an ecommerce business from the ground up. The previous installments are:
- “Part 1: Choosing Partners,”
- “Part 2: Selecting Platforms,”
- “Part 3: Early Days,”
- “Part 4: Copywriting Matters,”
- “Part 5: Paid Acquisition,”
- “Part 6: Hiring Employees,“
- “Part 7: Shipping and Fulfillment.”
For this interview, I spoke with Cody McLain, CEO of SupportNinja, a customer service provider. We discussed the realities of operating a company in the Philippines, tips for business owners looking to expand customer service functions, and more.