By providing us your data, you warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
When possible, we aim to obtain your consent to collect and use your data. We may use consumer and technical data for marketing purposes and to execute our service offerings, such as online seminars and email newsletters. We rely on our legitimate business interests, namely business growth, for the use of any data in addition to your consent. We respect your privacy and your data. If you wish to withdraw consent or unsubscribe from any Practical Ecommerce communications, please contact us at email@example.com.
What information does Practical Ecommerce gather about its visitors and how does Practical Ecommerce use that information?
Every computer connected to the internet is provided with a domain name (e.g., practicalecommerce.com) and an IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.100). When you connect to the Practical Ecommerce website, information about your use of the website is collected through cookies and access logs. Practical Ecommerce may rely on third-party services to collect such information, which may include:
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you;
- Your IP address;
- The web page from which you linked to us;
- The time and date of your visit to our site;
- The pages you visit and how you interact on our site;
- The product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g., Chrome 73.0.3683.86);
- The operating system that you are running (e.g., macOS, Windows, Linux); and
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine.
The purpose of gathering this information is two-fold. One, Practical Ecommerce has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems. Two, by analyzing these visitation patterns, referring URLs, and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the internet.
What about cookies?
You can choose to accept cookies or not by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being set. If you choose to not accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
By continuing to browse our website without blocking cookies, you authorize us to track cookies in this way.
What other information does Practical Ecommerce request?
To facilitate online seminars on our website, we request your name, email address, phone number, job title, and organization name. We use this information to process your registration for the seminar. We share it with GoToWebinar (our seminar platform provider) and the sponsor of the seminar. The sponsor and Practical Ecommerce may use this information for marketing communications to you. When you register for the seminar, you also provide your consent to this use.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications sent by Practical Ecommerce in the body of emails or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We require all seminar sponsors to protect and respect your data. If you wish to unsubscribe from any communications from sponsors, you can reach out to them directly. Practical Ecommerce is not responsible for the actions of our sponsors or other third parties.
We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request for us to contact you.
Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise transfer your email address to a third party without your consent.
Will Practical Ecommerce disclose the information collected to third parties?
Practical Ecommerce will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary in the following circumstances.
- Confirm the edicts of the law or to comply with a legal process served on Practical Ecommerce.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Practical Ecommerce or visitors of Practical Ecommerce.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
- For necessary services from service providers, such as technology and system administration services.
- To professionals retained by Practical Ecommerce, such as lawyers, accountants, and insurers.
- Government organizations that require us to report data related activities.
- To GoToWebinar and seminar sponsors per your consent during the registration process.
- To third parties to whom we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or assets.
Practical Ecommerce uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure.
We require all third parties to respect and protect your data and act according to all relevant laws. We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
Practical Ecommerce also provides links to a wide variety of other websites on the internet. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how those websites manage information about their users. We strongly urge you to check with them to determine the terms of their privacy policies.
What rights do you have in your personal data?
According to data protection laws, you have certain rights related to your personal data and how it is used. You have the right to request access to your data and the rights of correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, and portability of data. You also have the right to object to processing and to withdraw any consent previously given.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com. We will try to respond promptly to your requests. Please contact us if you have any complaints or questions about your data, at:
Publisher and Editor
125 S. Park Street; Suite 430
Traverse City, MI 49684