Google’s AdSense and AdWords are two of the most widely used advertising platforms for online business. And although Google facilitates a massive amount of traffic online, there are dozens of other ad networks that ecommerce businesses can take advantage of.
Here are twenty-five popular advertising networks to help target as many Internet users as possible and grow your business.
Large-Sized Search Engine Affiliated Networks
- Google AdSense. One of the most widely used and popular ad platform for online publishers to earn revenue by displaying relevant ads on a wide variety of content that is suited to an audiences specific interests. Participation in AdSense is free and advertisers pay Google for clicks or impressions of ads displayed on participating sites.
- Google AdWords. Ads appear on Google search result pages and the Google Advertising Network – your business ads will appear besides relevant related search results. Best of all, you only pay if people click your ads.
- Yahoo! Advertising Network. Personalize and optimize ads for specific users using Yahoo!’s user-data proprietary advertising technology. Various packages and ad solutions available, depending on your business’s needs – price varies with each package.
- Microsoft Advertising adCenter. Use adCenter to create ads that appear in search results of both Bing and Yahoo! search engines and reach millions of their users. You only pay when someone clicks your ad.
- Microsoft Ad Network. Create a custom campaign on Microsoft’s vast network of brands — from search advertising to display advertising and much more — target ads directly to your potential customers. Each advertising package is customizable and price varies with each option as well as scope of campaign.
Alternative Advertising Networks
- PocketCents. Create and display text, image or video ads directly to the kind of users who are interested in your product or service on the PocketCents Network. Set up a fixed monthly budget per ad, eliminate competitive placement based on bidding and much more with PocketCents. PocketCents features a flat rate of $.25 per click on text or image ad or per play of video ad.
- Clicksor. A contextual targeting ad network that automatically matches your ads to the most relevant websites in Clicksor’s network. Create text or graphic banner ads, pop-under ads or interstitial ads — appearing between web pages — and pay per click (CPC), per 1,000 impressions (CPM), or per visit (CPV).
- AdBrite. One of the largest ad networks outside of the big search engine brand networks — create and target ads to users in the network and pay with variable pricing models including CPC, CPM and other flexible pricing options.
- Bidvertiser. Advertise across thousands of websites in the Bidvertiser network on a pay-per-click basis. Browse the categorized directory of websites and select the appropriate ones you want to advertise on for your business; set your desired geographic targeting and your pay-per-click bids and your ads are ready to go.
- Chitika. An ad network that targets your ads directly to interested individual users. Currently, Chitika is only open to advertisers interested in spending a minimum of $50,000 per month.
- TribalFusion. Reach the almost 230 million users on Tribal Fusion’s ad network per month with your ads — several advertising package options that can be tailored to suit your business’s needs, pricing varies on package and scope of campaign.
- Advertising.com. Reach approximately 183 million users monthly on this large alternative advertising network — pricing is depending on campaign.
- Vibrant. With around 250 million unique users in its network, Vibrant is a great text-based advertising option for ecommerce businesses. Pricing is cost per 1,000 impressions and varies based on available inventory and the category of ad placement.
- ValueClick Media. Place ads and target users on this network that reaches approximately 173 million unique visitors per month. Pricing dependant on scope and style of ad package.
- ContextWeb. Target ads to relevant users in this network to get the most value for your dollar spent. Pricing is flexible with a name-your-own price option for cost per 1,000 impressions.
- Claxon. Run banner campaigns on this ad network and geo target by nation and cap impressions, if needed. Pricing depends on size of banner ad and scope of campaign.
- Clickcent. Run ads on this contextual advertising network and pay only for the actual unique traffic to your site at a price that you negotiate. You can monitor responses to your ad in real-time and change your bid price or ad copy as you see fit.
- DynamicOxygen. A search engine marketing solution that allows you to target millions of prospective customers coming from Google, Yahoo!, Bing and many more. Pricing is cost per click and rates depend on size and scope of ad campaign.
- EpicDirect. Place ads on this network that gets around 180 million monthly impressions in North America alone. A pay for performance based ad network with pricing dependant on size and scope of campaign.
- Casale. Identify and target users based on their opinions, attitudes, consumption level or country, region and much more. Pricing to set up a custom campaign on this network varies on size and scope of campaign.
- BurstMedia. Place custom, demographic targeted ads, behavioral targeted ads and retargeted ads on this network and fine tune your campaign in real-time. Pricing is variable depending on scope of campaign and is flexible with cost per 1,000 impressions, cost per click and cost per action packages available.
- Black Label Ads. This network receives a approximately 300 million impressions per day across more than 10,000 total participating sites. With Black Label, you can manage and fine-tune your campaign on all the sites that displayed your ads. Target users by region, country, gender, age, keywords and much more.
- AdBull. An ad network for cursor-based ads — these ads appear to relevant users right next to their cursor so it will be sure to get seen. Pricing to place ads is $25 to get started, which is deducted by $.01 per click and can be funded at anytime for more ads.
- InfoLinks. InfoLinks is a contextual text-based ad using the underlined keyword style all on a network that gets approximately 300 million unique visitors monthly across more than 40,000 websites. Pricing begins at $500 minimum, which is deducted on a per click basis with a rate that is determined by size and scope of campaign.
- Kontera. An in-text advertising platform that uses the underlined keyword style of ad on a network that receives approximately 140 million unique visitors monthly. Pricing varies and is dependent on size and scope of campaign.