Tracking your business’s online performance is a necessity. But doing so chained to your desktop computer is not. Whether you’re out on a meeting or away on a summer vacation, with mobile apps you have the ability to check online statistics on the go.
Here is a list of mobile apps for measuring your business’s online activity. There are analytic apps to measure your website’s traffic, unique visitors, frequent pages, conversions and much more. Also there are apps to measure your brand’s online social media presence.
- Analytics App. This is an app to access your Google Analytics data. Create up to 55 different reports. There are overview reports to show you the big picture, and detailed reports to let you see up to 100 results. Track visitor stats, traffic sources, keywords, AdWords campaigns, content, landing pages, events, and more. If you have one site or 50, Analytics App loads all your sites and accounts from Google Analytics. Analytics App is available for iPhone; Analytics HD is available for iPad. Price: $6.99.
- Analytics for iPad. Get your Google Analytics data on your iPad. Over 80 report options showing you up to 500 rows per report. Support for multiple accounts and multiple websites. Customizable timeframes. Compare timeframes, visitor selections and bounce rates. Graph-grouping for days, weeks, months and hours. Goal and revenue based views for reports. Premium version lets you forward reports as PDF, Excel or XML via email, or open them in other apps. Available for iPad. Price: Free; Premium upgrade for $6.99.
- DroidAnalytics. This is an app for analyzing Google Analytics on your Android phone. Seeks to give you a fast intuitive way to visualize your analytics data. See daily, weekly and annual stats for your page views, visitors, visits, bounce rate, time, and pages per visit. Run graphs on data. Available for Android. Price: $3.49.
- Ego. Ego is a big-picture app. It gives you one central location to check the number of visitors to your website, feed subscriptions totals, Twitter follower totals, and more. Ideal for a small businesses that want a quick, broad look at web totals. Check your referrers in Mint and Google Analytics, browse your Tumblr dashboard, reply to mentions on Twitter, all from within Ego. Ego integrates with Ember, Google Analytics, Squarespace, Twitter, FeedBurner, Mint, Tumblr, and Vimeo. Available on iPad, iPhone. Price: $1.99.
- SimpleSense. SimpleSense is an app that logs into your Google AdSense account and displays stats from it. Use SimpleSense to view your AdSense earnings from yesterday, the last seven days, the past month, and the current payment with a single touch. Available for iPad, iPhone. Price: Free; $.099 in-app purchases for additional data on Channels, AdSense for Search, and AdSense for Feeds.
- Piwik Mobile. Piwik Mobile is the mobile app for Piwik, an open source real-time web analytics software program. Piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics, and is used on more than 150,000 websites. Piwik Mobile gives you access to all Piwik reports: referrer, best keywords, websites, top page URLs, page titles, goals, and more. Multi-site review with “All Websites” dashboard. The app is available in more than 40 languages. Available for Android, iPad, iPhone. Price: Free.
- Analytics Pro. This is another app to access Google Analytics. It can create analytics reports from 60 different options. Export data to TXT or PDF, or send directly to a printer. Summary reports give a snapshot of recent activity: visitors, traffic sources, referral sources, top content, top 10 countries, operating systems. Features include intuitive date picker, visitor stats on a daily and hourly graph, visitor loyalty, and traffic sources displayed on pan and zoom map. Clean user interface, and intuitive calendar-style date range picker. Available for iPad, iPhone. Price: Free.
- Quicklytics. Quicklytics is designed to be an easy and fast way to take a quick look at the current status of your Google Analytics account. Quicklytics focuses on displaying only the numbers you want to see all the time: number of visitors, page views, average page views, and bounce rates. If you’re a compulsive Google Analytics checker, Quicklytics might be for you. Available for iPad, iPhone. Price: $1.99.
- Abuzz. Another method of measuring your online success is by monitoring your brand’s reputation. Abuzz is a mobile brand-monitoring app for checking what’s being said about you. Abuzz searches through Digg, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, forums and more. List your keywords and phrases, and keep abreast of anything that’s being said online about your brand. Also monitor your competition on a daily basis. Abuzz identifies opportunities to verify your success. Available for iPad, iPhone. Price: $4.99.
- HootSuite. Use HootSuite’s mobile app to track and manage your Twitter account. Examine Ow.ly click-through statistic reports. Track user ratings for links using ow.ly and ht.ly, and access follower profiles. Update Facebook business pages. Monitor conversations, and track results all from your handset. Available for iPad, iPhone. Price: Free.
- Tweeb. Tweeb is a Twitter analytics and Twitter follower management app for measuring your brand’s success on Twitter. Dashboard displays trends for tweets, followers, buzz, and clicks. Tweeb supports Twitter retweets and will also show who is retweeting you. If Twitter is part of your social media strategy, Tweeb is a tool to measure your effectiveness. Available for iPad, iPhone. Price: $1.99.