Google Analytics may be the most important application to help you understand the behavior of your customers and make data-driven decisions. And whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, there are many free tutorials available to help you master Google Analytics.
Here is a list of free tutorials for Google Analytics. There are tutorials from Google, including lessons from its Analytics Academy, videos on YouTube, and articles from the Analytics blog. There are also some tutorials from other search experts.
To get the latest articles on Google Analytics, be sure to follow the @GoogleAnalytics Twitter feed.
Analytics Help Center. If you need getting started, the Analytics Help Center is filled with quick tutorials and resources. Get help setting up, managing, and monitoring your account, and making use of reporting tools.
The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics. From Moz, here’s a guide to Google Analytics from the absolute beginner’s point of view — why you need it, how to get it, how to use it, and workarounds to common problems
Google Analytics For Ecommerce: A Beginners Guide. From Shopify, here’s another beginner’s guide to Google Analytics. Learn how to set up Google Analytics for your store, the basic reports you should be checking, and a few other goodies to help supercharge your knowledge, and drive sales
Google’s Analytics Academy offers free online courses on Google Analytics and other data analysis tools. You can also use Analytics Academy to prepare for the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) exam, an industry recognized qualification. Here are some of the current courses.
- Digital Analytics Fundamentals. Learn the core principles of digital analytics, including how to build a useful measurement plan for your business and how to get started with Google Analytics.
- Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions. Immerse yourself in the measurement planning process and practice navigating Google Analytics to improve the performance of an example ecommerce business.
- Google Analytics Platform Principles. Dive deeper into how the platform collects, transforms, and organizes data in Analytics. Understanding how this works can help you refine your implementation and uncover more valuable insights about your business.
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals. Learn how Google Tag Manager can simplify the tag implementation and management process for marketers, analysts, and developers.
- Mobile App Analytics Fundamentals. Take this course on mobile app measurement to learn how Google Analytics data can help you make your app more discoverable and profitable.
The Google Analytics YouTube channel offers videos on different data analysis topics, including tutorial videos from the Analytics Academy. Here are some useful tutorial playlists.
- Analytics & Ecommerce. Here are four short videos on Google Analytics to track and measure ecommerce, identify high spenders, build conversion funnels, and use site search.
- Analytics & AdWords. Watch these eight videos to leverage the power of Analytics for optimizing keywords, improving location, and placement targeting, increase return on investment, and more.
- Driving Conversions with Google Analytics. These fifteen short videos will show you how to frame and analyze your Analytics data in order to drive the conversion process.
The Google Analytics Blog has articles on topics ranging from new features to analytics advice to upcoming industry events. Click on topical labels to easily find what you need. Here are some recent posts.
- Happy 10th Birthday, Google Analytics! Google Analytics recently celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its launch. This post highlights some of the milestones and important links.
- Refreshing “The Customer Journey to Online Purchase” – New Insights into Marketing Channels. Get the highlights and intro to Google’s report, Customer Journey to Online Purchase, and then go through the report to look at the most important moments along a customer’s journey.
- Real-Time Data Validation with Google Tag Assistant Recordings. With Tag Assistant Recordings, record yourself going through the checkout process. Review what Google Analytics captured, and validate your Google Analytics data. If it finds data quality issues, troubleshoot and then recheck results on the spot.
Additional Tutorials and Articles
How to Build the Right Traffic Metrics Dashboard for 2016. In this article, Moz founder Rand Fishkin explains what you need to include when building your own traffic metrics dashboard in the new year.
5 Most Under-Utilized Google Analytics Features. This post explores under-utilized hidden gems of Google Analytics. Explore conversion track with page views, site content pieces, experiments, dashboards, and annotations.
Google Analytics: Ecommerce Metrics to Track Daily, Weekly, Monthly. Learn to track essential metrics and decide which metrics will be most useful to you and your business for daily, weekly, and monthly tracking — to help you make smart, data-driven decisions.
How to Create Custom Segments in Google Analytics. Custom segments allow you to learn more about your audience behavior. This article helps you to craft segments to see which visitors arrived at your site using a mobile device, which country they are in, sessions which resulted in a conversion, and so on.
Google Analytics Focuses on Shopping & Merchandising Analysis. This is the first of a four-part series on ecommerce reporting to gain a deeper understanding of shopping behavior and merchandising.
A Guide to Google Analytics Benchmarking, for Ecommerce. Benchmarking provides very helpful context of your site’s performance in relation to other sites in your industry. Learn to compare your site’s performance in areas such as geo-location, device, and acquisition channels.
How to Measure Social Media ROI Using Google Analytics. To track your return on investment for social media, look at some basic Google Analytics features, such as goals, UTM tracking, and dashboards. Learn how to track which social networks are performing best for your website or blog.