A merchant who sells physical products has to figure out how to efficiently get those items into the hands of customers. It can become complicated as the business scales and receives international orders.
This is episode seven in my series on building an ecommerce business from the ground up. The previous installments are:
- “Part 1: Choosing Partners,”
- “Part 2: Selecting Platforms,”
- “Part 3: Early Days,”
- “Part 4: Copywriting Matters,”
- “Part 5: Paid Acquisition,”
- “Part 6: Hiring Employees.“
For this interview, I spoke with Cody DeArmond, director of sales and account management at ShipStation, the software provider. We discussed how shipping software could help a business to streamline its processes and generally make life easier.