Google mobile apps can transform a simple mobile phone into a network of powerful tools for your productivity and business needs. And they’re free.
Search the web, or search the planet. Communicate by text, audio, and video. Get the information you need when you need it.
Here is a list of Google mobile apps to help you get things done on the go.
- Google Search. Search the web, as well as your phone, with the Google Search mobile app. It features search by voice, search by picture with Google Goggles, search a history of your queries, email search, contacts search, vertical multi-search, and Google Suggest to aid your search. Contains links to other Google apps, such as Maps and Gmail. Available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows.
- Google Goggles. Part of the Google Search app suite, Google Goggles searches for an image and lists relevant results. Snap a picture from your smartphone and search for information. Identify barcodes, products, storefronts, business cards, print ads and more. Available for Android, iPhone.
- Voice Search. Speak your search queries instead of typing. Voice Search is a feature of the Google Search app for iPhone and BlackBerry. For Android, Voice Search is a separate app that also supports Voice Actions, which allows you to speak instead of type in any app where you launch a keyboard. Available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone.
- Google SMS. Search by text message. Send a search query by SMS to 9-77-33-00000 and receive results back by SMS immediately.
- Google Maps. The Google Maps mobile app gives you everything you need on location. Navigation gives you turn-by-turn GPS voice-guidance, or directions in a list. Explore 3D maps, with compass mode to orient yourself. Search for any business or place. View different layers of a map, including traffic, terrain and street view. Available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows.
- Google Latitude. Google Latitude is a geolocation app. It is part of Google Maps for mobile, though for iPhone it’s a standalone app. Google Latitude enables you to share your location with others, such as co-workers or clients, as well as see their locations. Check in at a location to let others know you’ve arrived. Share, set, or hide your location at any time. Available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows.
- Google Earth. Search the globe with this mobile app. Explore the same 3D imagery and terrain available in the desktop version of Google Earth. View layers of geographic information, including roads, borders, and more. Search for cities, places, and businesses around the world with Google local search. Available for Android, iPad.
- Buzz. In Buzz you can post a message tagged with your location, and follow your peers on the go. Buzz Layer on Google Maps for mobile lets you post real-time geotagged updates to your Google Buzz feed that show up on Google’s mobile maps. Used in conjunction with Latitude, this is an excellent resource for collaboration among team members. Buzz uses your location to identify places around you. Select a location and tag it to your posts, or read what peers have posted about it. Available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows.
- Gmail. Use Gmail for mobile to get your email wherever you are. Features include search, stars and labels to organize, and conversation view to understand message context. Use Google Tasks to convert emails into to-do tasks. Gmail mobile is a native app for Android and BlackBerry. iPhone and Windows can sync via Google Sync.
- Google Voice. Set up multiple numbers for your business and have them ring to any phone. Get transcribed voice mail messages via email, and receive free calls and text messages in the U.S. and Canada, with very low rates in the rest of the world. Make cheap international calls with your Google number. Send free text messages, listen to voice mails, and read transcripts. Available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone.
- Google Talk. Instantly message your peers or clients. Video-chat is coming soon. Available for Android.
- Blogger. Blog on the go with the Blogger app. Publish posts with pictures, labels, and location information. Available on Android.
- YouTube. The YouTube mobile app puts millions of videos in your pocket. Check out how other companies are broadcasting. Here are 12 popular retail companies on YouTube. Available for Android, iPhone, Windows.
- Google Reader. With this mobile app for Google Reader, you can follow your news, sites or blogs all in one place. Syncs with web version, so all your reading lists are up to date. Available for Android.
- Google News. Stay current with the latest breaking news, locally and globally. The news site is broken down into familiar news sections like World, Business, Science and Technology, United States and much more. Native on Android.
- Google eBooks. Read full texts on the go. Stores up to 8,000 titles on average. Allows you to search within a book. Available on Android, iPhone.
- iGoogle. Get your personalized content in your phone’s browser: news, weather, finance, email view, and more.
- Google Sync. Keep your Gmail, Calendar and Contacts information in sync. Native on Android. Available on BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows.
- Google Docs. Use the Google Docs mobile app to create and edit office documents. Work on spreadsheets, slideshow presentations, interactive forms for surveys and robust word processing. Available for Android.
- Google Translate.
Translate text into more than 50 different languages. With conversation mode, speak the text and have it translated. Available for Android, iPhone.
- Google Shopper. Scan the barcode of any product to learn about it. Search the name of a product by voice. Find the best prices online, or locate a store nearby. Click on the share link to post by Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Instant Messaging, and more. Available for Android, iPhone.
- Google Wallet. Tap, pay, and save with Google Wallet on your mobile phone. Coming soon!