With mobile customer-relationship-management apps, you can harness your critical client data regardless of location. Use mobile CRM apps at trade shows, sales appointments and vacations to track sales, keep notes, schedule meetings and more.
Here is a list of apps for mobile CRM. While most of them are free, many are mobile extensions of full CRM systems, which are not free. Some are traditional CRM apps and some are social networking and collaboration apps. All of them can help manage clients and sales, from anywhere.
Traditional CRM Tools
- Sugar Mobile. Sugar Mobile is an extension of Sugar Professional or Sugar Enterprise. It enables customers to interact with data while logging calls on the phone through the mobile app. Click on an address to bring up Google map location. Changes to system data are updated in real-time. iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- Salesforce Mobile. Get all your Salesforce data on the go. Access all account information, track account activity and recent sales. Log calls and meeting data right after they take place and respond immediately to new leads or customer requests. Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile. Price: App is free.
- Resco MobileCRM. A mobile client app for field sales and service people using Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It allows the user to access and share accounts, contacts, and data. It can be customized using MobileCRM Studio or MobileCRM Builder to add logos, buttons, lists, and more. Android, iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7. Price: Lite app is free; standalone app is $49.99.
- SAP Business ByDesign. A mobile version of SAP’s on-demand Enterprise Resource Planning software for small and medium-sized companies. Manage accounts and contacts, check inventory, create sales orders, and view reports. SAP is planning next-version support for Blackberry, Android, and Windows Phone. iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- SAP Business One Mobile Application. Access SAP Business One data from your phone. Check on inventory availability or customer credit limits, access reports, receive alerts, and process approvals. iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant and Oracle Mobile Sales Forecast. These apps provide users with real-time access to Oracle CRM On Demand applications. Blackberry, iPhone. Price: Apps are free.
- CWR Mobile CRM. A mobile client app for field sales and service people using Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- TenDigits MobileAccess. This is another mobile client app for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Incorporate photos and video into CRM from the phone. Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, Playbook, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone. Price: Pricing for plan varies.
- Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP CRM. This application provides sales teams with access to SAP CRM data for a mobile device. iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile. Price: App is free.
Social Networking and Collaboration Tools
- Salesforce Chatter. Collaborate with features popularized by social networking sites like Facebook. View updates on people, groups, and items. Share links, and “Like” posts to show support. Teams follow what matters to them most. Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile. Price: App is free.
- Box Mobile. This collaboration app lets you view and share content — docs, audio, and video — files and folders. Any folder can be turned into a web page. Exchange feedback and track edited content. The iPad version can project files viewed on Box to a TV, LCD monitor, or projector via VGA Out. Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- HubSpot Leads. HubSpot is a marketing firm that provides inbound marketing to “get found” on the web. This mobile app for HubSpot allows you to access your HubSpot leads on the go. HubSpot Leads provides alerts whenever a lead converts on the user’s HubSpot portal. User can also access analytics, then call or email the lead. The mobile app is still in beta and is unsupported by customer service. Android. Price: App is free.
- Batchbook. A social CRM app, Batchbook’s mobile app is geared towards small businesses and entrepreneurs looking for a seamless way to manage social networking contacts on the go. The user can edit to-do lists, deals, and accounts, while making calls. Changes immediately sync with Batchbook account. Blackberry, iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- Sales CRM EZi. Track sales opportunities on your iPhone. Opportunities can be sorted by date or contact. View history of archived opportunities, as well as a dashboard for an overview of sales targets and statistics. This app is for iPhone only and does not sync with a desktop. iPhone. Price: Sales CRM EZi Lite is free; Sales CRM EZi is $9.99.
- Hashable Mobile. Hashable is a social app for managing business relationships. Send your virtual business card, manage your leads, and develop your Hashable Inner Circle, with real time updates on who your friends are meeting. iPad, iPhone. Price: App is free.
- Field Force Manager. A team productivity app, Field Force is also an app to manage relationships. Create a private Twitter-like network for your team. Share your status, get real time location updates for each member, and check in at meetings with GPS feature. iPad, iPhone. Price: App is $2.99.
- Facebook and Twitter. Social networking is causing lines to blur between personal and professional, and between business and casual. These apps are both business apps and social CRM channels. Take a page from Salesforce’s Chatter, and go social. Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, Playbook, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone. Price: Free.